The Early Childhood Resource Hub professional learning modules are self-paced and free. You will receive a certificate once you have successfully completed one or more of the modules.
Select the View all courses button below to access the separate website that houses the modules.
As this is a separate site, you will then need to:
View all courses
- create a new account and password
- enrol into each module via Self enrolment (Student).
Professional learning modules that support understandings of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and people
These modules are designed for use by all educators working in early years settings. Each module will take you approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- Personal cultural competency: This module helps you build your own cultural competency in relation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures. This course looks at power and positioning of cultures and the difference between being in a mainstream and a minority culture.
- Embedding culture in teaching practice: This module focuses on teaching practices and curriculum. It is designed to help you if you are working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and their families. It also provides ideas and support for contexts where there are no Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander children, families or staff members.
- Building a culturally competent and responsive service: This module gives you actions that you can use across your entire service. It covers policy, workforce development, resources, environment, community engagement, partnerships and advocacy.
Coming soon: Professional learning modules that support leadership skills.